The participants of the program developed personal Canvases with Tatevik Matinyan, President of the Institute of Liberal Politics, member of the RA Chamber of Advocates, in which they summarized:
• challenges facing their professional path and personal development,
• the issues of concern, as well as the positive circumstances and motives that lead to a goal and the preferred social role.
Within the framework of the program, speeches were made by:
• Ambassador at Large of RA, Edmon Marukyan, head of Bright Armenia Party, topic of speech: “The role of women in political life”.
• PR specialist, associate professor of YSU Department of Social Work and Social Technologies, candidate of social sciences Nvard Melkonyan, topic of speech: “Image of a female politician”.
• Entrepreneur, IT sector representative Edgar Marukyan, speech topic: “Critical thinking and cognitive bias”.
• Representative of the Dutch VVD International party, former mayor of Arnhem and The Hague, senior member of the Amsterdam city council, 2015-2017 Member of the Senate of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Pauline Crick, who shared her journey and experience as a successful female political leader,
• Armen Ghukasyan, co-founder of the School of Ethics, speech topic: “Public Speaking Skills”.
• The participants of the Women’s Empowerment Academy had a panel discussion. At the discussion, we hosted Ani Samsonyan, deputy of the 7th convocation of the National Assembly, Board member of the “Bright Armenia” party, and Lusine Gevorgyan, a member of the “My Step” faction of the Yerevan Council of Elders, chairman of the financial and budget committee.
Then the participants were divided into 4 groups. Each group prepared a campaign plan for Yerevan Council of Elders elections and presented it. After the presentations, the speakers highlighted the strengths and weaknesses of the speeches.
The special guest of the Women’s Empowerment Academy was Niko Schermers, Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to Armenia. He presented the implemented and ongoing programs of the Embassy in the field of women’s empowerment. At the end of the course, Pauline Krikke presented certificates to the participants.